Friday, January 27, 2012

Simon's high-altitude adventure

This morning, while Sarah and I were watching last night's Rachel Maddow Show, Simon jumped up on the hutch where we keep the DVDs.  He considered the shelves and how to get up to the top, then got his claws into the right side and climbed up!  He got himself around to the right outside (so as to avoid the framed pictures) holding onto the top surface with his claws.  I thought he was going to fall off (right into the garbage can), but he made it up to the top.  I really wish I had gotten the climbing part on video, but I'm not fast enough.


He sniffed around and checked things out...



...then he figured out that he wasn't sure how to get down!



Eventually he realized he could jump off to the right side to get past the pictures.  I was impressed!  Not sure if he'll do it again, but I figured that at some point they would find that spot for climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment