Sunday, January 22, 2012

It only took 12 days

This is the heated kitty bed that Sarah's lovely parents gave us. It has been plugged in and warm since the night we brought Simon and River home. I made a custom fleece cover (washable) for the heating pad. They have never gone near it.

I have put treats in the bed. I have pointed it out to them. I have even moved it several times to see if they don't like the location. Nothing.

Today I put it under this end table because they seem to prefer cave-like spaces. They didn't notice. Then, a few minutes ago, I sprayed it with catnip oil.

Next thing we know, River is checking it out, and she climbs in for a moment. Then Simon moves her over, crawls in, curls up, and gets completely blissed out. He has been making this dreamy face ever since!


Here is a short set of snippets of the cats sniffing and discovering the heated bed... sorry it's so dark!


No comments:

Post a Comment