Saturday, January 12, 2013

Housesitting adventures

So Sarah and I both went home for the holidays, and we were absolutely torn up with motherly guilt over what to do with the babies. Our usual housesitters were all out of town visiting their own families, and the thought of boarding the cats (especially at the vet, which was the only place with any space) nearly made us sick. Plus, boarding is ridiculously expensive.

Then we found Tails of the City Pet Care, which I very highly recommend! The owner of the branch that covers our area was absolutely wonderful. She came over to meet the babies, and they took to her right away. Then once we were on our trip she e-mailed us pictures and updates every few days. It was so perfect, because our minds were at ease (and it was affordable!) and the babies had their familiar home with normal meal times plus play time each morning and evening. From the pictures she sent, we could tell they were quite happy and comfortable with her!

Simon was a bit shy at first, but that soon changed...

I just heard a bird outside!!!  *huntress mode activated*


Okay, I like you now. I sit on your lap. Hope you didn't have plans for the rest of today...


I like your shoes, they smell like lots of interesting animals...


You are very nice, you feed us and play with us. I knead your back and purr loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment