Thursday, February 28, 2013

February update (never mind that it's March...)

I'm back-dating this so there is at least ONE post in February. I guess some of the novelty of having the cats has worn off, hence the less frequent blog posts, but they are still adorable and still up to plenty of shenanigans!

River's newest nickname is "demandypants" because of the fervor with which she wakes me up in the morning. Both of them had already figured out that I don't get up until the clock radio goes off, so now they SIT ON THE RADIO and wait for it to make noises. Then both of them walk all over me, meowing and kneading my shoulders (starting gently, then adding more claws as their urgency increases). River sometimes resorts to pulling my hair with her mouth if I don't respond quickly enough, or if I reach over to hit snooze on the radio and go back to sleep. Now she has added a new trick: tearing up the kleenex from the box on my nightstand, because she knows it will annoy me into scolding her, so then she can give me the look that says "I knew you were awake! Come on now, no excuses, time to feed us!!"

At least they can't make as much noise as human children... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment