Saturday, April 14, 2012

Motherly ears

Yesterday morning I made bacon, and had left the pan on the stove to cool before I washed it.  I was sitting in the living room working on my computer, when I heard this very faint, rhythmic scraping sound from the kitchen.

I thought, "that sounds like a sandpaper kitty tongue on dishes..."

Sure enough, I walk into the kitchen and there is River, standing on the counter, hunched over the pan and hoping I won't see her.  Her guilty expression said everything.

GAH, that little fink!! She got sprayed with the water bottle for that one.  Apparently all dishes must be washed instantly in this house.

And apparently being a kitty mom has blessed me with the motherly talent of hearing sounds of mischief from two rooms away.

No comments:

Post a Comment